I haven't offered up any Snippets in a while. In fact, I haven't been too horribly faithful about blogging lately, period. However, in honor of today's up close and personal encounter with Friday the 13th, I'm offering up 13 snippets, only I'm changing it up a little bit. My snippets all involve Friday the 13th, or the number 13.
1. Hurricane Charley made landfall in South Florida on Friday, August 13th, 2004.
2. On November 13th, 1974 (which was actually a Wednesday) the real life events that inspired the Amityville Horror Movie occurred.
3. On Friday April 13th, 2029, the asteroid 2004 MN4 will make its close encounter with Earth.
4. There were 13 participants in The Last Supper. Tradition states that Judas, who betrayed Jesus, was the 13th to sit at the table.
5. Triskaidekaphobia is the fear of the number 13.
6. The original United States flag contained 13 stars for the 13 founding colonies.
7. The Francis Ford Coppola version of Bram Stoker's Dracula was released in the United States on Friday November 13th, 1992.
8. Paraskevidekatriaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th.
9. The real life events that inspired the movie Alive occurred on Friday, October 13th, 1972.
10. There are 13 in a Baker's dozen.
11. Every month that begins on a Sunday will contain a Friday the 13th.
12. There is at least one Friday the 13th in every calendar year.
13. I turned both 13 and 18 on Friday the 13th. And today, I turn 35. I have a special affection for my Friday the 13th Birthdays, a personal kinship. I will be celebrating with chips and salsa from my favorite Mexican restaurant (instead of cake) and spending time with the two most important people in my life- my two little guys. Oh. And a trip to Starbucks. (Clumsy oaf Chas happy dance goes here)
A Tour of My Parents’ House
1 hour ago