Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday


I fell off the exercise bandwagon a little this week. I still exercised, just not every day like I had been doing. My goal for the next week is to get at least 1/2 hour of some sort of exercise in every day. Ideally, I'm going to try to get in at least 30 minutes of yoga in 3 times as well- in addition to the other exercise.

I still have a couple of weeks (just over 2 to be exact) until I can become a 'caloric minimalist', but I will be picking up a notebook while out running errands today. This week I'm going to go ahead and begin writing everything that I eat, so I can have a better idea of where I need to improve in the nutrition department. I just won't be tracking calories at this point.

While at the grocery store this week, I made the mistake of picking up these little teeny tiny rice cake snack packs, with caramel drizzled over them, and a cinnamon streusel kind too. I won't be making that mistake again. They were too good, and didn't last long when they went face to face with this dieter. 90 calorie packs are great, if you can have just one. Unfortunately, they were so good, I could (and did-guiltily-but I still did) eat 3 packages in one sitting and that kind of gluttony no longer adds up to 90 calories. So, little scrumptious rice cakes, you have been banished from my home.

I still need to work on the water. The good news is that I haven't been drinking soda this entire time except for diet, and I've cut way back on the diet. It's been several days since I've even had one.

Even with my few shortcomings, the news is good this week. I'm completely happy.

-3 pounds exactly.

I'd love to pull Biggest Loser numbers, but know unless you are in that type of situation, its near impossible. Every little bit counts toward something larger (and healthier) and that is my ultimate goal.

I'm fortunate to have Bonehead supporting me. I think the sweetest words I've heard in a long time are the words I heard this past Monday when he called me to tell me just after Critter went down for his nap, "I'd rather see you go work out than have a clean house."

There's nothing sweeter.

6 comments:

Johnny said...

Excellent.

Meg said...

I know you're not counting calories, but I recommend the Hershey's 60 calorie chocolate bars and the Weight Watcher's cookie ice cream bars. I'm an authority on low-calorie snacks, but then I go and blow it all on beer.

btw, Beck's Light - 64 calories.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work! As far as a snack don't forget about the air popcorn with spices. Love Mom
P.S. Good job John keep the support up she needs it.
Love Mom

for a different kind of girl said...

You are awesome! That's a great week, and you've got great goals. If you want to stay that way, I highly suggest staying away from those Hostess 100 Calorie packs....I'm perhaps speaking from experience when I say you can't eat just one package of tiny cupcakes or twinkies!

Scribbit said...

When I fall off if I can just maintain and not gain then I'm happy. Three pounds is fabulous

Honey Mommy said...

I hear you! I don't buy 100 calorie packs very often because it is too easy to eat more than one!