Monday, October 6, 2008

The Race


After losing 67ish pounds since April, and working very hard to get back in shape, Bonehead participated in his first Cyclocross race yesterday. It was fun to watch, and while the boys and I parked ourselves outside the "slip and slide" area of the race, I missed most of the action because I was trying to take photos of Bonehead en route. The irony of it is that most of the pictures I took turned out very fuzzy. And since I am sure he will be blogging about the experience on his blog later tonight after things settle down and using the couple of good pics I did get, I will only include the before picture he had me take. I left the experience with two insights.


1. If you ever get a chance to go watch a Cyclocross race, take it. I had a blast.


2. I am very proud of Bonehead for all of his hard work and accomplishments in the past few months.


As a side note, It has not escaped my notice that my 100th blog post is quickly approaching. This post is #92. I wanted to take a moment to hint that big things are in the works for the celebration. I'll make an in depth celebration announcement on post #100.

4 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

Wow! That's an amazing feat! It sounds like a fun type of cycling event. Alas, I'm the "oh, look at the pretty flowers over there!" kind of bike rider!

Kevin McKeever said...

Are you pulling an Oprah and getting us new cars for No. 100?

Chasity said...

Always home and uncool: I can afford to be as generous as Matchbox. Name your make and model.

Jafael said...

Saw the pics of the race from his blog, and you did a great job taking them!! I bet that was a blast! I love taking action photos.