Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'd Like To Thank The Academy...

I am an avid fan of The Pioneer Woman's Blog. Hers was the very first blog I ever read. You see, I have this thing for butts. Especially my husband's. "Leave my butt out of this" is another common phrase in my household. So about a year ago, my husband started talking about this blog he'd been reading. He talked about the recipes, and how he thought I might enjoy reading her blog. I blew him off. I had not yet discovered the joys of blogging, and he's reading a WOMAN'S blog? Uh, yeah....I'll get right on that.

And then one morning when I was weary eyed from the late night and never ending screaming shenanigans of my newborn son, my dear sweet Bonehead sent me a link. I felt a kinship because she's fond of her husband's backside as well. Fond enough to photograph it and post it on her blog for the world to see. And all this time I thought I was an oddball for being so devoted to my husband's physical attributes.

From that moment, I was hooked. I began devouring back chapters of 'Black Heels to Tractor Wheels' during my late night endeavors with my son. I drooled over recipes, and loved every one I tried. I even adapted her green bean recipe for the grill and we had them hundreds of times over the course of the summer.

I began to enter her contests, because she's got great ones. I was always shocked at the sheer volume of entries she recieved for each contest (I can only dare to dream to get that kind of traffic here) because after all, a one in 10,000 chance really is better odds than winning the lottery. And besides, if you don't play, you can't win. So I'd enter. And enter. And enter.

This past Wednesday she had a Name That Photo Contest. I entered my suggestions dutifully within the alloted amount of time, and then waited to see who the lucky winners were. I was away from home from Friday afternoon to Saturday night, so imagine my surprise when I came home to check the winner's announcement that I WON!


I was one of the lucky winners chosen from her several different photos. And trust me, my prize is somethin
g I've been drooling over for an eternity but never would have purchased for myself. I even got to pick the color I wanted, so I chose the red one. Thank you, Pioneer Woman! I'm going to love it like a third born son!


And I owe a thank you to my Beloved Bonehead, because without him I would never have known I'm not alone in my passion and devotion to the derriere.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blog site looks really calming I like your new look! Great Job on the win! I'm so proud of you. I'm look forward to getting cookies in the mail. When should I start looking for them?
Love
Mom

for a different kind of girl said...

Wow! Congratulations on the win, and what a fun, fantastic prize. I can see all kinds of serious damage going on with that!