Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday


It's not good this week, but I had a feeling this was going to happen. In fact, I had such a strong feeling, I haven't stepped on the scale since Saturday. I will make no excuses. Here are some of the indicating factors I recognized - some I should have been able to control, and some I have no control over. When mixed all together they spell a weight gain of 4 pounds.

+4

I didn't exercise as much. Only 3 days, and not as long as I had been.

I cheated on my diet, not one day but 3 days. Apparently I felt the need for a pre-Superbowl and post-Superbowl splurge as well as the actual game day. What? Not everyone makes it a three day affair? Trust me, this chick is going to do every thing in her power not to allow that to happen again.

Bonehead was generous enough to share his germs with me, so the past 5 or so days I've felt pretty rough.

I can pretty much guarantee that in my weight loss endeavor, every 4-5 weeks there will be some sort of weight gain, which will be mostly water. It's a fact of life for me, and it happens like clockwork.

This week I am picking myself up, dusting myself off, and working on the things above that I can control. Exercise, Food Choices, and Water- in that order. Now if you'll excuse me, I suppose I should get Critter down for his nap and begin working on my February mileage.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right you will always have a little back slide but as long as you lose more then you gain you will still get the job done! Keep up the positive out look! I believe in you 100%
Love Mom

for a different kind of girl said...

Life's filled with ups and downs, and the good thing is, you know what you need to do, and can nip things as you go. I hope you have a great week next week!

Meg said...

I'm convinced that one needs to go away to a retreat to lose weight. No Superbowls would be allowed there.

Nor would birthday celebrations following the Superbowl, where one feels the need to eat and drink.

Nor deaths of friends following the birthday celebration where one feels the need to eat and drink.

For me, life gets in the way of dieting.

Honey Mommy said...

What a great positive attitude you have! We all have setbacks, but you just have to press on!