Thursday, February 26, 2009

867-540 Ni-ee-iine

I know I missed Weight Loss Wednesday again, and I had all intentions of waking up early this morning and doing a Weight Loss Wednesday-Thursday installment. But Something happened last night as I was preparing for bed that I'd like to share, so it will have to be a Weight Loss Wednesday-Friday installment instead.

On Tuesday, Bonehead had to have some sort of lump removed from the bottom of his foot, resulting in stitches and pain. He came home and promptly informed me that the doctor said he should take it easy. When I asked for how long, I saw his facial features contort into something that can be considered as sly before he answered, "Three months. And you're supposed to feed me grapes."

Yesterday was the first full day with the stitches,and needless to say the pain killers don't seem to be working very well for him. He's got this freaky metabolism that means when they try to shoot him up with novocaine he has to get AT LEAST 5 shots before it starts to have any effect on him, and usually he's so sore from the shots he says, "Forget it just do what you need to do." So yeah, ouch.

Last night as we were preparing for bed, he went up a few minutes early. Just as I was turning off the TV, the phone rang. I looked at caller ID, and it was his cell phone number on the screen.

Now have I mentioned that Bonehead makes it his calling in life to pick on me? I saw that number and knew, just KNEW that he was calling me from our bedroom upstairs and asking me to bring marshmallows up with me when I came. And me? Well I was onto the boy. I wasn't having any of his shenanigans last night, by golly.

So I answer the phone in my best I'm not taking any crap from you tonight buddy voice and say, "WHY the hell are you calling me from up there?"

The response I got was some stuttering. And then a voice that sounded so unlike my husbands I thought he might actually be dying before my brain caught up with the events unfolding in my ear and filled me in on the little secret that the person on the other end was in fact, NOT my husband on his cell phone.

It was his boss on HIS cell phone. The numbers are virtually identical.

Oopsie.





7 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

lmao.....ha ha hee hee ho ho....

for a different kind of girl said...

Hilarious!

Of course, this could perhaps result in having to really do your husband's bidding now to make up for that! :)

Anonymous said...

How many shades of red did your face turn with this one? It's just a good thing you didn't answer with I'm not doing any sexual favors tonight! So see could have been a lot worse! LOL

Unknown said...

What the hell happened to Bonehead ... and his never-updated blog?

Chas, please kick him in the package....and say it's from Joel.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Honey Mommy said...

That is SO funny! I am dying here.

Anonymous said...

LOL....too funny =P

Unknown said...

HELLO to my friends out there i am testifying about the good work of a man who help me it has been hell from the day my husband left me i am a woman with two kids my problem stated when the father of my kids travel i never help he was living but as at two weeks i did not set my eye on my husband i try calling but he was not taken my call some week he call me telling me that he has found love some where easy at first i never take to be serous but day after he came to the house to pick his things that was the time i notice that things is going bad i help he will come back but things was going bad day by day i needed to talk to someone about it so i went to his friend but there was no help so i give it up on him month later i met on the the internet a spell caster i never believe on this but i needed my men back so i gave the spell caster my problem at first i never trusted him so i was just doing it for doing sake but after three day my husband called me telling me that he his coming home i still do not believe but as at the six day the father to my kids came to the house asking me to for give him the spell work to said to my self from that day i was happy with my family thanks to the esango priest of (abamieghe)esango priest he his a great man you need to try him you can as well to tell him your problem so that he can be of help to you his content email is this esangopriest@gmail.com indeed you are a priest thank you for making my home a happy home again. remember his email is esangopriest@gmail.com