Friday, February 6, 2009

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These

There seems to be an overabundance of germs in our household these days. Bonehead is beginning to feel better due to antibiotics, but the germs have moved on to greener pasture- the other three members of the house. I think they're playing the world domination game and are winning. I picked up cold medicine (s) for us a couple of days ago, and wisely chose Alka-Seltzer cold medicine for me. It was an easy choice, really. All I had to do was remember how quickly it kicks in compared to other medicines, and although I hate it, I have to shout out a ginormous kudos to its "effervesence" ability to both clear my nasal passages and knock me out with its beautiful antihistimine.

Last night, after the cold medicine kicked in, I dragged myself up the stairs to bed and quickly fell into lumberjack land while Bonehead read his book next to me. I'm snoring away peacefully when I am snapped back into the land of the awake by the following scenario:

"Chas."

(As I fully jump 3 inches off the mattress and begin shaking) "What?"

"Critter's awake."

I take a nanosecond to process, look at my beloved Bonehead amidst the blinding glare from the overhead light, and begin laughing. "You have GOT to be kidding me."

"What?" With all the innocence he could muster.

"Did you just wake me up to tell me Critter is awake when YOU WERE ALREADY AWAKE?"

"Yeah but (You're not fooling me buddy, I can see your gears spinning desperately here) I don't know what it is you do."

" I go down, walk into his room, and give him his binky. That's it."

Bonehead gets out of bed, puts his slippers on, and throws me one last desperate glance, "Fine, but if I fall and break my neck on the way downstairs, it will be ALL YOUR FAULT."

As I roll over and drift back into dreamland, it's all I can do to keep from thinking,"If you do, I'll miss you terribly. Starting TOMORROW morning."

Bonehead.

7 comments:

Johnny said...

Oh, I will remember this next time you need air in your bike tires, or want popcorn, or send me with Critter to go get yelled at by Dr. Phillips. You have been warned.

Chasity said...

Don't make me hide your pillows, buddy.

Johnny said...

Just like you stole my heart?

Chasity said...

Schmoozer.

Anonymous said...

LOL Just make sure his life insurance is in order and you be fine!

for a different kind of girl said...

Oh, I'm not going to confess here the times I've pretended to be asleep when I've heard one of the boys wake up...

;)

I'm also going to head out right now and buy some AlkaSeltzer in hopes I get some sleep tonight, for real. You know...in case one of the boys wake up...

Meg said...

Wow! You and Johnny are so cute together!