Friday, May 9, 2008

Today's highs and lows

Today was my first day back at work from maternity leave. I haven’t had much free time for writing today, so I thought I would just share some highs and lows of my day.


High: Playing handsies with Critter at 1am when he’s at his cutest.
Low: Realizing at 2:30am that Critter was not going to go back to sleep.

High: Adult conversation with someone who isn’t male and legally bound by marriage to ignore me.
Low: 2000 emails waiting for me in my inbox.

High: Bringing dinner home instead of cooking it.
Low: Not being able to walk Smoochie to the bus stop.

High: Anticipating the popcorn they’re going to bring me when Bonehead and Smoochie get back from watching Speed Racer tonight.
Low: Not being able to watch it with them.

High: Leaving work today with 3 whole emails left in my inbox.
Low: Realizing my day started at 1am.

No comments: